Elarc offers a diverse range of Design Services in both Residential and Commercial fields.
Consultation • Concept Designs • Detailed Design Documentation • Town Planning • Master Plans • Land Management Plans
Before initially putting pen to paper, Elarc’s Principal Landscape Architect Heath Gifford, carefully considers the following concepts:
What are the existing landscape characteristics?
Slope • Soil type • Aspect • Existing plant communities • Historical references
What are the functional requirements for the space?
Utility space • Entertaining space • Recreational space • Viewing • Drainage challenges • Screening
When generating designs and concepts Elarc considers:
- Designing a garden space with the above functional requirements in mind
- Considering landform changes, areas of cut and fill, retaining walls, drainage grades etc. ( diverse landform conditions will result in a diverse selection of plants)
- Considering the ‘history’ of the Landscape is there any historical significance to the area that may be referenced
- The clients taste, aspirations, character and budgetary requirements
- Plants are chosen from plant communities associated with the resulted landscape character
- Thought is given to function of plant- screening, shade, ground cover etc.
- Special attention is also given to aesthetic- form, colour etc.